Each January, the University of Iowa School of Art and Art History seeks applications from emerging to mid-career artists in painting/drawing for the Grant Wood Fellowship Program for the following academic year.
Fellowship Recipient Responsibilities
- Teach one class per semester in the University of Iowa School of Art & Art History, Painting & Drawing Area. The candidate will teach an introductory course in the Fall semester and an advanced course in the Spring semester.
- Present a public lecture about their work
- Participate in limited public outreach activities (e.g.: workshops, discussion of your work with a local arts organizations)
- Shared exhibition at end of year with the Grant Wood Fellow in Printmaking.
- an appointment as a Grant Wood Visiting Assistant Professor in Painting & Drawing
- $40,000 salary and benefits
- private studio
- furnished housing (in a shared, off- campus residence)
The applicant will have received an MFA in painting/drawing or have an equivalent combination of education and experience, evidence of a
national exhibition record, university level teaching experience, demonstration of a promising program of creative development using
painting & drawing as a mode of creative expressions and experimentation through the production of a personal body of work.
Understanding of a variety of conceptual approaches in the teaching of painting/drawing; proficiency in critical theory and general IT
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies.