Participate in The Bee Project during this year's Iowa City Climate Fest, September 18-23, 2023. Each day will feature a different way to learn about climate change and what humans can do protect the environment.
Thursday, September 21, will feature a series of events focused on pollinators.
- Enjoy some arts and craft at the Iowa City Public Library (123 South Linn Street) related to pollinators
- Use recycled materials to create "bees" in the craft room at Robert A. Lee Recreation Center (220 South Gilbert Street). The Bee Project was created by artist Elena V. Smyrniotis. This event can be enjoyed by people of all ages and is brought to you by Arts Share and the Grant Wood Art Colony. Learn more why watching the following video.
- At 6:30 p.m. head to Iowa City Municipal Airport (1801 South Riverside Drive) for fun activities before the film.
- Come dressed as your favorite pollinator and get a prize!
- Visit the LENA project's table
- Be sure to stop by the Eastern Iowa Beekeepers Association's table for information on bees and to speak with their Honey Queen bee!
- Get back in your vehicles or spread out on the lawn to watch My Garden of a Thousand Bees at 7:30 p.m. View the trailer for the film below.
Learn more about all of the activities by visiting the Climate Fest website.